1. RENO COUNTY HERBAL STUDY GROUP: 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce, Large Conference Room, 117 N Walnut, Hutchinson. Preparation and benefits of herbal tea. There is no charge.
2. A PICTURE OF A RURAL SCHOOL: 7 to 8 p.m. at Newton Public Library, 720 N Oak St, Newton. One room schools in Kansas are now only a memory or a museum. A brief history of these schools and a glimpse into the unique culture once defined as a ‘one-room school’.
3. THE KEY TO FARMING SUCCESSION: KEEPING THE FARM IN THE FAMILY: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Meridian Center, 1420 East Broadway Court, Newton.
4. DANCE STORYTIME: 10:15 a.m. at Salina Public Library, 301 W. Elm, Salina. Fun, fast-paced program for preschoolers. Read, and dance, and discover new moves.
5. KNIT AND CROCHET FOR CHARITY: 10 a.m. to noon at Delos V. Smith Senior Center, 101 W First St, Hutchinson. Socialize and share patterns. Yarn provided, and completed items are donated to various organizations in need.
6. CELEBRATION CENTRE DANCE: 7 to 11 p.m. at Celebration Centre & Bar K Bar Arena, 1145 East Highway 56, Lyons. Live band on the third Tuesday of every month (except July). Admission $6.00