Summit League Golf Championships
Sunday through Tuesday
Sand Creek Station
Rounds begin at 8 a.m. each day
Teams competing (Golfstat national ranking):
Denver University Pioneers (112)
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) Jaguars (234)
Oral Roberts University Golden Eagles (186)
University of Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks (235)
Western Illinois University Fighting Leathernecks (228)
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Mastodons (221)
North Dakota State University Bison (199)
South Dakota State University Jackrabbits (198)
South Dakota University Coyotes (196)
Previous champions, Individual champions
2016 South Dakota State, Kevin Gordon UNO
2015 South Dakota, Jose Pablo Segurola, IUPUI
2014 Denver, Rob van de Vin IUPUI
2013 Missouri-Kansas City, Korbin Kuehn UMKC
2012 IUPUI, Michael Davan IUPUI
2011 IUPUI, Michael Davan IUPUI
2010 Oral Roberts, David Holtgrewe ORU
2009 Oral Roberts, Scott Stiles ORU
2008 Western Illinois, Kyle Peterman WIU and Nate Page, Southern Utah
What’s at stake:
The top team and individual gains an automatic berth to an NCAA regional tournament.
Five Things to Know
1. Five different schools have won the league championship in the last five years while six different institutions have earned the crown over the last seven years.
2. An IUPUI golfer has claimed Championship MVP honors four out of the last six years. Meanwhile, a golfer from a different school has been named Golfer of the Year six out of the last seven seasons.
3. Western Illinois owns a league record eight Summit League Tournament titles (1983-85, 1987, 2004, 2006-08). South Dakota State claimed its first ever title last season after a trio of third-place finishes from 2013-15.
4. Denver (No. 115, Golfstat) and Oral Roberts (No. 186, Golfstat) are the league's highest ranked institutions in the national polls.
5. A total of five all-league performers from a year ago will return to the links this season with three all-tournament team honorees back.