Franklin County Jail
Police Department Arrests
• 3:02 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of South Main Street, Zakiriye Warsame, 21, Overland Park, on suspicion of driving under the influence, after being contacted on a traffic stop.
Sheriff’s Office News
• 12:17 p.m. Monday, 100 block of Madison Street, Pomona, a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by Doran Wormell Jr., 34, Pomona, fled from an attempted traffic stop. The vehicle was lost but found a short time later, disabled in water over a roadway. Wormell was not located, however evidence at the scene showed he fled on foot through a field, according to a sheriff’s report. A report will be forwarded to the county attorney’s office.
• 3:20 a.m. Tuesday, 2300 block of Labette Road, a 19-year-old Ottawa man reported being shot at by an unknown person while driving in rural Ottawa. The case is under investigation.
• 7:21 a.m. Monday, 1300 block of Ohio Road, Princeton, a 55-year-old Princeton man reported a garage owned by his brother-in-law was burglarized and multiple items were taken. Estimated loss was $410.
• 11:56 a.m. Monday, 3300 block of Nebraska Road, a 69-year-old Ottawa man reported someone stole a trailer from his business after breaking the lock on the gate to gain access to the lot. The trailer had an estimated value of $5,195.
• 3:25 p.m. Monday, 1500 block of Pawnee Road, Pomona, a 30-year-old Ottawa man reported items were stolen from his previous residence. Estimated loss was $2,700.
• 1 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Eisenhower Road, Princeton, a 2002 Ford Explorer driven by Matthew Mortimore, 22, Welda, was southbound on Eisenhower Road when it left the roadway and went into a field. No injuries were reported.
Police Department News
• Monday, 900 block of East Eighth Street, a 56-year-old Ottawa woman reported a 12-year-old Ottawa boy was a victim of electronic solicitation of a minor. The case is under investigation.
• 1:28 p.m. Monday, Ottawa Police Department, 715 W. Second St., received a report that a known 14-year-old Ottawa youth sent inappropriate pictures of a 15-year-old Ottawa youth. The case is under investigation.
• 8:42 p.m. Monday, 300 block of North Main Street, Lance Fuller, 62, Ottawa, was cited and released on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and no insurance, after causing a disturbance.
• Monday, Ottawa, a 32-year-old Bonner Springs man reported a known subject used his financial card without permission at several locations in Ottawa: Dollar General, 2212 S. Princeton St.; Casey’s General Store, 334 N. Main St.; Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S. Princeton St.; Logan Street 66, 304 E. Logan St., and Casey’s General Store, 1019 W. Seventh St. The incidents were reported between 8:10 p.m. Monday and 5:05 a.m. Tuesday. The cases are under investigation.
• 10:15 a.m. Monday, 700 block of South Locust Street, a 28-year-old Ottawa man reported the theft of items from his vehicle by multiple subjects. Anthony Underwood, 30, Ottawa, was arrested in connection with the crime. The case is under investigation.
Wellsville Police Department News
• Monday: First and Ash streets, motorist assist; 400 block of Main Street, parking complaint; 200 block of Main Street, assist other agency; 700 block of Main Street, assist other agency.
Ottawa Fire Department News
• 1:24 p.m. Monday, 2200 block of South Princeton Street, alarm system sounded due to malfunction.
Firefighters assisted with seven medical calls Friday through Monday.