Green Bay Packers at Houston Texans odds, picks and prediction
The Green Bay Packers (4-1) come off a tough 38-10 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 6 and will play a second straight road game, against the Houston Texans (1-5) at NRG Stadium. The Texans had a difficult Week 6 loss of their own, losing 42-36 in overtime to the rival Tennessee Titans. Kickoff will be Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. Below, we preview the Packers-Texans Week 7 betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Packers at Texans betting odds and lines
- Money line : Packers -200 (bet $200, win $100) | Texans +165 (bet $100, win $165)
- Against the spread/ATS : Packers -3.5 (-110) | Texans +3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 56.5 (O: -115, U: -106)
Special NFL Week 7 Betting Promotion:
Bet $1 on ANY TEAM'S money line Sunday, WIN $100 (in free bets) if any team scores a touchdown during Sunday's NFL action. Place your legal, online sports bets in CO, IN, NJ and WV at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks!
Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Packers at Texans game notes
- The Packers started the season with four straight wins by at least 7 points before their Week 5 bye. The loss to the Bucs included a rare two-interception performance by QB Aaron Rodgers, including one pick-6.
- The Texans beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 30-14 in Week 5 for their first win of the season in their first game without fired general manager/head coach Bill O'Brien. They led after the third quarter in their loss to Tennessee.
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson has topped 300 yards passing in three straight games. WR Will Fuller has emerged as his favorite, and most reliable, target.
- The Packers still rank third in the NFL with 32.4 points per game after putting up just 10 on the Bucs last week. They have a balanced pass-run attack totaling 396.6 total yards per game.
- Rodgers' two interceptions last week were the Packers' first two giveaways of the season; they have just three takeaways. The Texans have seven giveaways and four takeaways for a minus-3 turnover differential.
Packers at Texans key injuries
- LB Preston Smith (shoulder) questionable
- C Corey Linsley (back) questionable
- S Darnell Savage (quadriceps) questionable
- TE Robert Tonyan (ankle) questionable
- OT David Bakhtiari (chest) questionable
- RB Aaron Jones (calf) questionable
- DL Montravius Adams (foot) questionable
- CB Kevin King (quadriceps) doubtful
- TE Jordan Akins (ankle, concussion) questionable
Packers at Texans: Odds, betting lines, picks and prediction
Packers 31, Texans 27
Money line ( ?)
The PACKERS (-200) come in hungry after their tough loss against a top NFC competitor in the Buccaneers. They'll get right with a road win over the struggling Texans. Despite Houston's immediately improved offense sans O'Brien, the defense is still a nightmare under interim head coach Romeo Crennel.
The -200 money line tag is a fine price to pay for an angry Rodgers.
Against the spread ( ?)
Get better value on the spread with the PACKERS -3.5 (-110) needing to win by just 4 points. All four Texans' losses have been by at least 6 points.
Over/Under ( ?)
The Packers have the more competent defense in this matchup, but it isn't much to shake a stick at. Back the OVER 56.5 (-115) with Watson knowing full well he needs to score nearly every play to give his team a chance, and Rodgers capable of matching him.
- Can Packers limit big plays from Texans passing game? (Packers Wire)
- What is Texans QB Deshaun Watson's ceiling? (Texans Wire)
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.